John Milnes Baker's residential projects number well over five hundred. These cover the gamut of kitchen remodeling and small additions to houses in excess of 7,000 square feet.
No matter the size of the project, the key ingredient is communication or, as John states, "The word, 'harmony,' comes from a Greek carpenter’s term meaning joinery or things meshing neatly together. Not only should there be a harmonious integration of all the component parts of the house but also a harmonious relationship among the owners, architect, and the builder as well."
A FEW TESTIMONIALS
- You could not have created a more appropriate, handsome house for clients than Tower Ledge for us. ...It was a joy from beginning to end and we are filled with admiration for your ability and for your specific quality of understanding people.
- You have worked a miracle! The new space is added without disruption to the existing space, the charm of the old is enhanced, and the new space will appear as though it was always there.
- We want you to know how happy we are with our house and with your critical contribution to it. Your creative approach combined with a sense of reality and attention to detail, and an insight into how to translate what we wanted into specifics, resulted in a place where we feel really at home.
- How lucky that we met, and I was smart enough to let you design the house and smart enough to listen to you and learn because you were always right.
- This is our third project together...it's not often that you hear of an architect capable of batting three for three with three home runs!
- The Christmas Library is superb. You planned every aspect of it with the greatest care, attention to every detail, and enthusiasm.